Monday, October 31, 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker Covers Marie Claire UK December 2011

She's a favorite when it comes to cover girls, and Sarah Jessica Parker finds herself front and center on the December 2011 issue of Marie Claire UK.

The "Sex and the City" actress brightens up the magazine's latest installment while posing for a Tesh shot spread and chatting with the publication about topics ranging from her marriage with Matthew Broderick to not wanting to be famous.

Highlight's from SJP's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to check out Marie Claire UK!

On a New York Post report claiming she complained about being called for jury duty:
"I was outraged by the character assassination! I have served so many times. I was asked to speak at Jury Appreciation Day! I expect I should be more calloused by now, but I'm so sensitive about not living up to anybody's worst idea about an actor."

On not wanting to be famous:
"I never wanted to be a celebrity; I never wanted to be famous. And in my daily life, I work really hard to not trade on it in any way. I am so worried about anybody saying, 'She's cut in line' or 'She took our table' or 'She got out of jury duty'. The comments that are counter to who I am and the way I live are the ones that bother me. It's not like it's hard to be decent and respectful and well-behaved. I do wait in line, and I do take the subway, and I do take the kids to school. But it almost doesn't matter to a certain segment of the populace - they're projecting onto you this status and entitlement I don't have."

On not taking anything for granted:
"We didn't have a lot when I was growing up, and it's the best thing that happened to me because I appreciate everything. I have a strong work ethic and don't take anything for granted."

On claims that husband Matthew Broderick resented her spending seven weeks filming in Morocco shortly after they adopted twins:
"No, no no! Matthew is a working actor, and he knows sometimes things require some hardship. It's the same when he goes away for two or three months at a time. We're accustomed to this, and he wouldn't have wanted it any other way for me."

On her passion for acting:
"I love, love, love being an actor. It's still the hardest and scariest thing I do, outside of parenting. But I love the opportunities, and if I can manage my time, and the children are OK and we're OK, it's hard to say no to things that are challenging and enriching."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/sarah-jessica-parker/sarah-jessica-parker-covers-marie-claire-uk-december-2011-557297

Busy Philipps Cameron Diaz Cameron Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment