Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Did Michael Madsen Enjoy Punching Justin Bieber?

The 'Kill Bill' actor details the graphic 'As Long As You Love Me' scene for MTV News.
By Jocelyn Vena

<P>Of all the images that make up the video for <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/bieber_justin/artist.jhtml">Justin Bieber</a>'s <a href="/news/articles/1690963/justin-bieber-as-long-as-you-love-me-music-video-premiere.jhtml">"As Long As You Love Me,"</a> none are as memorable as the moment that Michael Madsen lands his first punch on the singer.</P><P>Madsen's overprotective-father character may have enjoyed leaving Bieber bloody for wanting to date his daughter, but in real life, the actor said he didn't take any pleasure in the one-two punch.</P><P>"I didn't exactly enjoy slapping him around," he told MTV News on Thursday, one day after the video premiered. "Had he been a prick, had he been a brat, you know, I might have had fun with that. But he was actually, he was the opposite."</P><P></p><div class="player-placeholder right" title="Michael Madsen Has A Soft Spot For Justin Bieber" id="vid:822276" width="415" height="255"></div><p></P><P>If fans are wondering if Bieber was nervous to take a beating for the <a href="/news/articles/1690932/justin-bieber-as-long-as-you-love-me-video.jhtml">Anthony Mandler-directed clip</a>, Madsen explained that Bieber was more concerned about having it look real than scared to take the hit.</P><P>"He was very respectful, very respectful and decent to me," he said. "I think he wanted it to be well-done. I don't think he was blowing it off. I think that I've been around enough to know I can tell if somebody isn't really doing their job or taking what they do seriously. And I could tell from early on in the morning that he was. He wanted it to be right. He wanted it to be specific and had a good car, a '68 Charger. That's a pretty bitching car, you know? I saw that damn thing parked in front of the house and I went 'Wow, I hope that's mine.' But they put me in a Rolls Royce; not too bad at all."</P><P>So, given that Bieber and Madsen trade physical barbs <i>and</i> verbal ones, does the actor think Bieber has a future in Hollywood? "He had good eye contact. He was focused. He didn't have a double. I think he should leave the acting up to me," he laughed. "He can sing though. See I can't do that. It goes both ways. He can sing his head off and he's damn good at it, and I couldn't get close to that. He does his thing, and I do mine."</P><P><object width="460" height="260" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="embeddedPlayer" data="http://videoplayer.vevo.com/embed/embedded" style="visibility: visible;"><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="flashvars" value="playerType=embedded&videoId=USUV71201064&playlist=false&enableDomScan=true&siteSection=MTV_mtv.com&playerId=62FF0A5C-0D9E-4AC1-AF04-1D9E97EE3961&autoplay=0&endScreen=play&cc=US&cultureName=en-US&cultureIsRTL=False&sbId=14A00605-7DB5-4492-B67B-CB2093BD89DD"></object></P><P>Speaking of his music, Madsen approves of the track, giving it a four-star worthy review. "I hadn't heard much of his music before. I wouldn't be in exactly the age range to listen to Justin Bieber, ok?" he joked. "It's not like I'm tuning in for it, but I did, I do like that song. I like that song a lot. It's very pretty. It's nice."</P><P><i>Do you think Madsen's blow to Bieber was realistic? Let us know what you thought about the video in the comments!</i> </P>

Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1691089/justin-bieber-michael-madsen-as-long-as-you-love-me-punch.jhtml

Alicia Keys Alicia Witt Amanda Bynes

No comments:

Post a Comment