Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rachel Weisz Dazzles at "The Whistleblower" Screening

Making her first red carpet appearance since tying the knot with actor Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz looked simply stunning as she attended a screening of "The Whistleblower" in New York City on Wednesday night (July 27).

Held at the Tribeca Grand Hotel, the 41-year-old actress brightened up the room in a candy apple red dress as she worked the press area at the Cinema Society & Dior Beauty hosted function.

As for Rachel's new movie, "The Whistleblower" is "a drama based on the experiences of Kathryn Bolkovac, a Nebraska cop who served as a peacekeeper in post-war Bosnia and outed the U.N. for covering up a sex scandal."

Playing the lead role of Kathryn Bolkovac, Miss Weisz actually turned down the role at first before jumping on board, as she told the "Today" show, "I did read the script in 2006; I was pregnant with my son. It was too (much), I couldn't cope with it at that moment. But the strange thing was I just never forgot about it. And about two years ago I called up the producer, who I knew, and I said, 'Remember that script The Whistleblower? Does it still exist?' And she said, 'Yes,' and so it kind of came back. It just stayed with me."

Happy with her decision, Rachel added, "I'm really excited for people to see it... because it's based on the true story about an ordinary woman who did an extraordinary thing and I love stories like that."

Directed by Larysa Kondracki, "The Whistleblower" also stars Monica Bellucci, Vanessa Redgrave and Benedict Cumberbatch with a release date set for August 5, 2011.

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/rachel-weisz/rachel-weisz-dazzles-whistleblower-screening-528659

Chyler Leigh Ciara Cindy Crawford Cindy Taylor Cinthia Moura Claudette Ortiz

No comments:

Post a Comment