Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lana Del Rey Covers Complex Magazine

Continuing her massive rise to fame, Lana Del Rey is featured on the front of the new issue of Complex magazine.

The “Video Games” songstress opened up about the inspiration for her songwriting in the accompanying interview, citing romance as her muse.

“When I found somebody who I fell in love with, it made me feel different than I felt the rest of the day. It was electrifying. That's what inspired the 'Off to the Races' melodies. That's one of the times when you're feeling electrified by someone else and they make you happy to be alive.”

And when it comes to her art, Lana is uncompromising in her integrity. “If you consider the definition of authenticity, it's saying something and actually doing it. I write my own songs. I made my own videos. I pick my producers. Nothing goes out without my permission. It's all authentic.”

She added, “I have a personal ambition to live my life honestly and honor the true love that I’ve had and also the people I’ve had around me. I want to stay hopeful, even though I get scared about why we’re even alive at all.”

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/lana-del-rey/lana-del-rey-covers-complex-magazine-579682

Angelina Jolie Anna Faris Anna Friel

No comments:

Post a Comment