Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jack Nicholson’s Joker Costume Is Up For Auction

Jack Nicholson’s Joker Costume Is Up For Auction
Earlier today I mentioned that I had the great fortune of seeing the Stanley Kubrick film The Shining on the big screen last night and, as you should be well aware, Jack Nicholson stars in the film as the crazed madman Jack Torrence. Right now we learn that Nicholson‘s famed purple Joker costume, as featured [...]

Earlier today I mentioned that I had the great fortune of seeing the Stanley Kubrick film The Shining on the big screen last night and, as you should be well aware, Jack Nicholson stars in the film as the crazed madman Jack Torrence. Right now we learn that Nicholson‘s famed purple Joker costume, as featured in the 1989 film Batman, is going to be auctioned off to the highest bidder next month. If you’re a big Batman or Jack Nicholson fan, you might want to save your pennies so that you can try and become the owner of this amazing piece of movie memorabilia:

The outfit Jack Nicholson wore to play the villainous Joker in “Batman” is to go under the hammer in a film memorabilia auction. The three-piece suit, created by Saville Row tailor Tommy Nutter for the 1989 comic book movie, is expected to sell as much as $15,000 when it is sold next month. A spokesperson for auction house Bonhams says, “It might be Batman enthusiasts who want the suit, or collectors of Tommy Nutter. There is a crossover of interest.” Nutter became famous for his classic suits, which were also worn by The Beatles on the cover of their “Abbey Road” album.

Dude, if I had $15k lying around, I might be interested in buying this suit. Batman was such a huge film when it was released, it really was. I vividly remember going to the just-opened Star Theater in Lincoln Park, MI for a midnight showing of the film on the day it was first released … and I was just blown away. Tim Burton‘s vision of Batman was so dark, so real … it was truly a phenomenon. These days we take blockbuster movies for granted because they seem to come out almost every other weekend … but in 1989, there was only one major movie … and it was Batman. To be honest, I initially felt that Nicholson was too old to play The Joker in the film but he really won me over with his portrayal. I think it would be cool as hell to own the Joker suit he wore in the film. I know my birthday already passed but … if any of y’all were thinkin’ about gettin’ me a belated gift, I think this would make a good one ;)

[Source]




Lily Allen
Nadine Velazquez

No comments:

Post a Comment