Saturday, July 31, 2010

Simon Cowell, Ryan Seacrest React To Ellen's 'American Idol' Exit

Simon Cowell, Ryan Seacrest React To Ellen's 'American Idol' Exit

'She's always been in control of her own destiny,' Cowell says.
By James Dinh


Ryan Seacrest and Simon Cowell
Photo: Kevin Parry/ WireImage

Fans and bloggers aren't the only ones sharing their reactions to the news that Ellen DeGeneres is leaving "American Idol" after just one season. Fellow departed judge Simon Cowell and current host Ryan Seacrest have also revealed their feelings about the news.

Cowell, who left the show after last season, seemed to imply that he thinks DeGeneres is making the right move. "As I got to know Ellen, I grew to really, really like her," Cowell said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter. "I have huge respect for her because she's always been in control of her own destiny."

Ryan Seacrest also dished his two cents on the comedian's unexpected exit. The host took to Twitter on Thursday night with nothing but kind words for his colleague. "Spoke with ellen d tonight aka @theellenshow‬. I will miss her on Idol. She's one of the kindest and most talented people in Hollywood," he tweeted.

On Thursday, Ellen announced her departure from the show in a statement she posted on her website. "It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for," she wrote. "I also realized this season that while I love discovering, supporting and nurturing young talent, it was hard for me to judge people and sometimes hurt their feelings. I loved the experience working on 'Idol' and I am very grateful for the year I had. I am a huge fan of the show and will continue to be."

What do you think about Ellen's departure from "Idol"? Will you miss her? Let us know in the comments!

Get your "Idol" fix on MTV News' "American Idol" page, where you'll find all the latest news, interviews and opinions.

Related Videos Related Photos


Eliza Dushku
Adriana Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment