Friday, August 27, 2010

Barry Manilow 'Can't Smile Without' Music & Arts Classes in Schools

Barry Manilow has been entertaining audiences for more than 30 years, and the Grammy-winning performer credits music and arts classes he took in high school for guiding him towards his successful career. Now, schools are in jeopardy of losing these helpful classes, and Barry is asking for your help! "Because of budgetary problems around the country and [in] the schools, they're cutting music and arts classes, which just about killed me -- I don't know what I would have done without my music classes when I was growing up," Barry tells ET. "I felt, 'What can I do? I'm just one giddy singer.' So I donate money here and there and that's nice, but I thought maybe I could get the public to help do this." Barry asks that you contact your local school or even your old high school and ask them what they need: "You know they need a set of drums. You know they need a trumpet. And if you can afford it, just get them some musical instruments, and if you can't do that, go to my website, Manilow.com, and we'll tell you how to do it," he says.

AnnaLynne McCord Anne Marie Kortright April Scott Arielle Kebbel

No comments:

Post a Comment