Saturday, August 28, 2010

T.I. Says Song With Lady Gaga May Not Be 'A Keeper'

Gaga claims collaboration could be worked into something even better, says Tip.By James Montgomery





T.I.

Photo: Moses Robinson/ Getty Images




Earlier this year, T.I. had jaws dropping when he announced that he'd recorded some 80 songs for his upcoming album King Uncaged, and that at least one of them was a collaboration with Lady Gaga.

"[She's a] phenomenal talent. Extremely proud [to work with her]. She's definitely that good. She knows what she's doing. She knows exactly what she wants people to think and say," Tip said of Gaga. "She does everything that she needs to be done to ensure it happens. I think she's an entertainer, in all aspects of the word ... a classic, all-around entertainer. A global star."
A few months later, he continued to heap praise on LG, calling her "a phenomenal talent ... that transcends through all genres, all races, all religions."
But while T.I. was clearly enthused about the collaboration, he also stopped short of saying whether or not his song with Gaga would actually end up on Uncaged, joking, "I'm not gonna let no cats out of no bags." And now, we know the reason why.
In a new interview with Rap-Up.com, TIP revealed that the song would more than likely be re-worked ... or scrapped entirely. Why? Gaga insisted that she could make something even better.
"[Gaga] brought it to my knowledge that she would like to top what we already have," he said. "That being said, I don't know if that's going to be a keeper or if that's going to be one-upped or what not."
So at the moment, the fate of the collaboration seems to be up in the air. But T.I. doesn't seem to be all that upset ... after all, he was thrilled just to work with the Mother Monster on a track.
"I begged on hands and knees [to work with her], 'Please!'" he joked. "I worked with the producer RedOne and made it known that I was interested in working with her, and the enthusiasm was shared, and we were able to get it done."



Related Artists


T.I.


Lady Gaga

Gwen Stefani Halle Berry Hayden Panettiere Haylie Duff

No comments:

Post a Comment