Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ke$ha Clarifies Britney Spears Dis In 'Styrofoam'

Ke$ha Clarifies Britney Spears Dis In 'Styrofoam'

'I do regret ever even singing that, because I have mad respect for her,' she says.
By James Dinh


Ke$ha
Photo: Andreas Rentz/ Getty Images

On the heels of her apology to Justin Bieber for calling him "a tiny little baby" in the April issue of Maxim, Ke$ha is now taking back a few words regarding Britney Spears. In an old song called "Styrofoam" that surfaced online over the weekend, Ke$ha sings, "In 10 years/ Britney Spears/ Britney who?"

But the singer, who did background vocals for Spears' 2008 track "Lace and Leather," explained the lyric in an interview with "So You Think You Can Dance Australia."

"Just to clarify, I didn't write that bit," she said. "And that was from when I was 15 — and there is a reason that song's not on my record. So I have to admit now, I do regret ever even singing that, because I have mad respect for her. At the time, I was 15. I didn't really have the balls to not sing it. That is why it's not on my record. I can't really stand behind it."

Dr. Luke, who has worked with Ke$ha and Spears, also got into the mix. In a tweet directed at Perez Hilton, the producer wrote, "Think that song was from like 4 years ago and a joke. :-) I don't believe the Britney press stuff cuz I know she likes Britney."

But that probably isn't going to change Hilton's mind. In an interview with MTV News, the blogger expressed his extreme distaste for the "trash-talking train wreck." "She upsets me," he said. "I love Ke$ha's music, but I don't like her. I hate the stupid dollar sign in her name. I hate the stupid nose ring. I hate the stupid makeup. I hate the fact that she looks like she smells and never showers."

Ke$ha has not yet addressed a comment she reportedly made earlier this month over Spears lip-synching during her shows. "I don't think that's fair at all for people who are going to see the show," she said. "I think if you are going to be a singer, you should sing. If you are going to be a dancer, you should dance."

What do you think of Ke$ha's comments? Do you think her apologies are sincere? Let us know in the comments!

Related Photos Related Artists


Pen�lope Cruz
Hilary Duff
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment