Sunday, June 27, 2010

Twilight Author Is Sick Of Vampires

Twilight Author Is Sick Of Vampires
Stephenie Meyer, the Twilight author who introduced us to sparkly vampires, is now saying she's tired of the undead creatures. In 2008, she stopped working on the fifth novel in the series, Midnight Sun, after her unfinished manuscript had been leaked online. Unfortunately for Twi-hards and lonely moms they have been waiting with bated breath [...]

ap1ew300624137426.jpg

Stephenie Meyer, the Twilight author who introduced us to sparkly vampires, is now saying she's tired of the undead creatures.

In 2008, she stopped working on the fifth novel in the series, Midnight Sun, after her unfinished manuscript had been leaked online. Unfortunately for Twi-hards and lonely moms they have been waiting with bated breath for her to finish the companion novel.

But it doesn't look so good for fans as the author is now saying she's "burned out on vampires" and she most likely won't finish the novel anytime in the near future.

She says:

"I know that's what everyone cares about. I also know that the right answer would be for me to say 'Oh yah, it's done! And it'll be out next month!' But that's not true. It's also not true that I've got a ton of work done on it, and that's what I'm working on. What's true is that I'm really burned out on vampires. And, I don't want to write it badly. So I want to wait until I'm excited about the material again, and I'm excited about Edward, and that it's something that's motivating. You know, when a story is keeping me up at night, and I'm waking up at 4 am in the morning and thinking 'Yes! That is what should happen in this moment!' Then that is when I can write with happiness! So, right now it feels like homework … it really does. And when things feel like homework they go very, very slowly for me. That should disappoint everyone!"

Sorry, Twi-hards!

[Image via AP Images.]




Diora Baird
Amanda Righetti

No comments:

Post a Comment