Sunday, June 27, 2010

M.I.A. Takes A Dig At FailTina!

M.I.A. Takes A Dig At FailTina!
Finally! We can agree with her on something! The still bat-shit crazy and all-so-nonconformist M.I.A. was surpisingly lucid when she recently discussed collaborating with CloneTina Aguilera on her new album, Bionic, and was equally as disappointed as us when the diva chose to mimic the Sri Lankan rapper's style instead of be herself! She says: “Elastic Love [...]

miacajb.jpg

Finally! We can agree with her on something!

The still bat-shit crazy and all-so-nonconformist M.I.A. was surpisingly lucid when she recently discussed collaborating with CloneTina Aguilera on her new album, Bionic, and was equally as disappointed as us when the diva chose to mimic the Sri Lankan rapper's style instead of be herself!

She says:

Elastic Love was the first track I recorded actually - even before I started working on my own album. It’s the one I made in-between taking time out and having a baby and starting mine. Born Free was the first song I wrote for my album and that’s so weird now. I look back at the time and I wrote such a nice cute song for Christina - then the next song I wrote was Born Free. Other people were involved who I respect like Peaches and it was like a sea of women coming together to write this new thing. Christina had also had a baby, you know, so it was kind of an interesting situation.

I really thought I was going to be able to go in there and get her vocals on to the next level and she didn’t want to do it. She was like ‘You might think that’s great because it’s not what you do, but to me I’m really bored of it. It’s interesting getting to work with people who can do things vocally that you can't… but yeah I only heard the song for the first time when everyone else did.”

Ouch - it sounds like the final product really UNDERWHELMED her!

We think that her sentiments are SHOCKINGLY on the same page as pretty much everyone - how unusual from her! Usually she'd be going against the norm just to be controversial!

Ha!

[Image via AP Images.]




Diora Baird
Amanda Righetti

No comments:

Post a Comment